Get to know the Destination
Puerto Rico is the smallest island of the Greater Antilles in the Caribbean, located east of the Dominican Republic. San Juan is the capital city and most-populous municipality in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, an unincorporated territory of the United States.
The Caribe Hilton is located just 7 miles from the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU). The Caribe Hilton does not provide airport shuttle service, however, taxi service is readily available from the airport and can also be arranged in advance. Click here for more information about Luis Munoz Marin International Airport - taxi service or rental car information upon arrival in San Juan.
The Caribe Hilton is located on the North side of the island in San Juan. Click here for driving directions from San Juan Airport and hotel parking information.
If you’re looking to travel the Island in your own vehicle or venture beyond the immediate area of San Juan, there are car rental companies that can accommodate your specific needs. This arrangement can be made before your visit or upon arrival (although booking in advance is recommended during busy travel times).
For those planning on driving to various parts Puerto Rico outside of San Juan, the Island is about 100 miles across, so it’s not difficult to extend your itinerary to experience other regions. However, be advised that the mountain roads through the center of the Island can be winding and may take longer to drive than the distance may suggest at a glance.
If driving is not for you, taxis are easy to find at the airport as well as throughout metro areas like Condado, Santurce, Isla Verde, Miramar, Ocean Park, and other nearby districts.
Various towns have trolleys offering transportation to key locations and landmarks in the municipalities. Public buses or guaguas are part of the Metropolitan Bus Authority and offer various routes in the metro area.
Ridesharing in Puerto Rico is only common in the districts near San Juan. Uber is currently the only major rideshare company offering its services on the island.
The climate in Puerto Rico is warm and tropical. The temperature varies between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year. It can go down to about 60 degrees in the central mountainous area during January.
The Caribe Hilton appreciates your adherence to the property's dress code. During the day, casual, comfortable and appropriate resort attire is encouraged. In the lobby and restaurants, shirts or a cover-up are required and bare feet are not permitted. In the evening, the atmosphere transforms into resort elegant. For your comfort and those around you, your support of this stylish and tropical standard is appreciated.
Conference meeting attire is resort casual. Meeting spaces do tend to be cold, so pack a sweater or light jacket for meeting sessions.
T-shirts, sleeveless shirts, cut-off shorts or athletic shorts are not acceptable. Please avoid wearing flip-flops.
No passport needed for U.S. travelers
Passport required for all non-U.S. travelers
Since Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States, American citizens do not require a passport to enter the Island. However, they must always travel with a valid ID.
The currency used in Puerto Rico is the U.S. dollar.
American travelers do not need to opt for international plans to make calls since their phones will work perfectly on the Island. In Puerto Rico, there is a 4GLTE network; 5G is available at some locations. Canadian travelers should check with their phone service provider to update their phone plan as needed.
In remote areas of the Island, cellular service and data coverage can be spotty.
- The legal age to consume alcoholic beverages in Puerto Rico is 18 years.
- The Island has almost 300 miles of coastline and nearly the same number of beaches.
- Puerto Rico has the largest shopping center in the Caribbean, Plaza Las Américas, and the most extensive rum factory globally, Casa Bacardí.
- El Yunque is the only rainforest in the U.S. Forest System and is in Puerto Rico. The forest receives over 120 inches of rain every year.
- Although Puerto Rico is an American territory, it competes as an individual country in Miss Universe's contests and the Olympics.
- Flamenco beach, in Culebra, has been recognized as one of the Top 10 Beaches in the world on multiple occasions.
- The piña colada was invented in Puerto Rico.
- The remains of Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León are in a tomb inside the San Juan Cathedral.
Questions about Conference
Yes. There are two admission passes available for conference: Delegate & Evening Event Pass. Pricing is per person and based on your registration date. Please refer to the Pricing page for more information on what each pass includes.
Questions about Hotel
There is a fee of $25 to park per night at the hotel. Unfortunately, this fee is not waivable.
- The total room charges for the duration of your stay will NOT be charged at the time of registration. The same card you used to secure your hotel reservation at the time of registration will be charged for your hotel request in early December.
- You can modify or cancel your reservation request up until December 1, 2022 at 5:00PM EST by contacting email@example.com
- We will NOT be able to issue a refund for hotel charges after December 1, 2022 at 5:00PM EST.
Yes, the resort fee is mandatory. It has been included in the quoted group room rate per night on this registration website along with applicable taxes and standard hotel fees. Please click here to see what's included in the hotel resort fee.
- Due to high occupancy, our group rate is no longer available pre and post conference dates. It's possible the hotel may still have availability at a different rate; if you would like to extend your stay past the conference dates, please contact Karli@xplorinc.com for more information.
- Your $20 per person per day Lunch Credit is only applicable with paid conference registration and during the main conference dates for the afternoons of January 16th, 17th & 18th, 2023.
The last day to cancel and receive a full refund for your hotel request will be December 1st, 2022 at 5:00pm EST. After this deadline, we will not be able to cancel your request. The total amount for your hotel will be charged to the card we have on file even if you decide you are no longer attending after the designated deadline.
You are able to modify your hotel request up until December 1st, 2022 at 5:00pm EST. After this deadline, any modifications such as changing check in/check out dates or changing occupancy levels will be at the discretion and availability of the hotel. We will do our best, but cannot guarantee the group rate advertised on the website if you request to extend your stay after the given deadline.
You will need to contact our travel partner Karli at Xplor for assistance and any refunds should they be applicable.
Phone: (941) 746-5777 ext. 106